Most of the TVs nowadays are smart and connecting your mobile device or tablet is not as complicated as it sounds. Here are the 3 most common ways to connect your devices.
The HDMI option is for you if your TV is not equipped with any casting app or does not support wireless connection. HDMI connection requires you to have an HDMI cable and HDMI adapter for your phone.
- Plug one side of the HDMI cable to your smart TV, the other side to the HDMI adapter (you need to have an adapter as you cannot plug the HDMI cable directly to your mobile device or tablet, see above one for iOS device and one for Android device)
- Connect the other side of the HDMI adapter to your phone (make sure you have the correct plug for your phone - Android/iOS)
- Select HDMI output on your smart TV
- Start casting
Wireless - Android
If you don’t want to use any cable, a wireless connection is definitely an option for you. All the modern Android (4.2 and higher) phones nowadays have a display-mirroring function such as Miracast which streams content from your phone or tablet to your TV.
How to set it up?
- Go to your phone’s settings
- Go to Display and select Cast screen
- Tap the Menu button on the top (3 dots) and select Enable Wireless Display
- Your phone will start checking for nearby devices to connect to
- Find your smart TV and start casting
Samsung Smart View
Samsung offers an inbuilt feature in their devices called Smart View. The advantage here is you can also download Smart View on other non-Samsung devices too. The minimum requirements are Android OS 4.1 or higher and iOS OS 7.0 or higher. However, a Samsung Smart TV is a must.
How to watch with Smart View?
- Your device and smart TV must be connected in the same wifi network
- Download Smart View app (no need for a Samsung phone/tablet, it's already inbuilt)
- Open Smart View app and follow the pairing instructions
- Allow the TV to be connected with your mobile device
- Select Samsung Smart TV if prompted
- Select Allow option on your TV if prompted
- Select the media you want to play
Wireless - iOS
As an Apple user, you have the opportunity to use an exclusive Apple technology - AirPlay. You need to have an Apple TV streaming device or a smart TV supporting AirPlay streaming.
How to connect your iOS mobile device to a smart TV?
- Connect your Apple mobile device and Apple TV (only if Apple TV is needed) to the same wifi network.
- Access Control Centre (swipe up from the bottom of your device screen)
- Select AirPlay
- Select the device you want to cast the content to
Chromecast (Google Cast)
Still did not find a way how to easily connect your smart TV? Chromecast by Google is an available dongle device enabling you to stream content from your mobile phone, tablet or PC.
How does it work?
- First, you need to have a Chromecast device (dongle)
- Plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI connector, don't forget to power it up by plugging it to USB port or power outlet.
- Download the Google Home app for Android or iOS (PC does not require the Google Home app, all you need is the Google Chrome browser).
- Open the Google Home app and proceed with set up. Select the Chromecast device to be connected with your TV. While installing, navigate your way forward and check your code against your TV device. Confirm that they match.
- Choose a name and connect Chromecast with your wifi (or Ethernet). Be careful what internet network you connect it to, it must be the same as for your phone device or PC.
- Following two steps are optional for you - sign in to your Google account and/or watch tutorial guide (we recommend to watch the guide as it shows you how to correctly cast content to your TV)